La Leche League says it best: The Benefits of Breastfeeding
Jollina Simpson, CLC
Mandie Medford, CLE
Jackie Georgiou, CLE
La Leche League
Monthly Evening La Leche Breastfeeding Support Meetings.
Third Tuesday of each month from 7:00 – 9:00 pm at the Well Rounded Momma center.
There are some moms that try so hard and cannot breastfeed as long or as much as they hope to. For these mommas I find that a fresh formula is a much better alternative. I have done much research and this is my favorite formula recipe. Some of the ones I have found do not have enough iron so the liquid vitamins in this one really help. You can find a really good infant vitamin at Whole Foods.
Infant Formula Recipe
- 2 Cups – Goats Milk
- 2 Cups – Enriched Organic Rice Dream
- 1 T. – Black Strap Molasses
- 1 T. – Liquid Acidophilus
- 1 T. – Flax Seed Oil
- 1 t. – Liquid Vitamin C
- 1 t. – Liquid CalMag (calcium & magnesium)
- 1/8 t. – Wheat Germ (powdered **)
- 16 drops – Trace Minerals (concentrated)
- 1 t. – Infant Vitamins (optional)