There are two list I give my parents, the Birth Kit and Needs List.
The Birth Kit is required and contains all of the sterile disposable items for the birth. You can order here from In His Hands. Please order the kit at least 4 weeks before your due date, and leave it unopened. A full list of the Birth Kit contents can be found on the website link above.
The Needs List is intended to help organize you for your birth so you can concentrate on bonding with your baby without any unnecessary distractions and questions. You do not have to buy them new. You might even have them already at home. Please ask me to see if I have some donated items to give.
- Comfortable attire
- EmergenC or Coconut water
- Super or overnight pads (preferably organic cotton)
- Chamomile Tea and/or sitz mix
- Depends Adult Diapers (yes you REALLY need them)
- Swim top for birth pool if you like.
- Plenty of towels. Some that you do not care about getting stained or soiled. If you were thinking of upgrading your set now is a good time.
- Wash cloths
- Old flat sheets (2 at least)
- Shower curtain liner
- Two medium heat resistant bowl for hot and cold water
- One large glass bowl for placenta (if encapsulating two zip lock bags gallon size)
- Olive oil bottle, Unopened
- Hydrogen Peroxide, Great for removing stains
- Comfy clothing for nursing after birth and socks
- Honey for strength and warm postpartum tea
- Plenty of water
- Good food for mother and birth team
- Newborn outfit if you would like us to dress the baby for you
- Olive oil for baby’s bottom
- Newborn diapers
- Receiving blankets (some that you are ok discarding)
- Video and/or still camera (charged up) & blank tapes or memory card/CD
- Very important: Healthy food for labor and afterwards!
- Champagne to celebrate (optional) or whatever makes you feel good