I eventually moved on and in 2004 decided to move to Las Vegas. I had an awakening when I went through my pregnancy with Summer and found my calling. What I had been setting my life up for without knowing. I met my Preceptors at a Birth Year Network meeting where I spoke on Summers birth at the hospital and was encouraged by them to attend a student midwives meeting. After the meeting and an interview with them I started my journey. I attended well women care, prenatals, births, and postpartum visits with both midwives while completing my studies and learning practical skills with them. In the last few months of my internship I did some office visits on my own and was proactive at births.
I had my evaluation with my Preceptors in October of 2008 and was approved to start taking clients during the last portion of my education. I work directly with her for my first 20 births as a primary. I was expecting my second child, Forest Benjamin, in March of 2009 so I continued to work in the office and started to do free workshops on the topic of Waterbirth and decided to take clients upon returning. A previous labor tub client referred her sister to me and we had such a great connection that I decided to take her as my first and only midwifery client until my son was a few months old. Even though I was pregnant I took care of her and her family and happily attended to her pregnancy and postpartum.
Attended Celebrating Physiological Birth conference 2014
- Skilled in Bengunk Wrapping and Postpartum Healing Baths
- Continuing education with Neonatal Resuscitation & Transitions Workshops
- Maintain Neonatal Resuscitation and Medical Professional CPR Certification current and up to date
- Apprenticeship in traditional midwifery from September 06- March 2009 with A Special Delivery
- Attend Midwifery Today Conventions Bi-Annually to continue to have the most up to date education
- Advanced Arts Midwifery skills certified in various courses 2009
- Began training in 2006
- Attended over 200 births